Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

A new.Panasonic HDD recorder will not respond to a remote i.

Customer Question

A new.Panasonic HDD recorder will not respond to a remote i
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: A new Panasonic HDD recorder will not respond to its remote controller when the ir signal is transmitted to it by way of an ir emitter. Any thoughts as to why? Regards. ***** *****
JA: What Panasonic product do you have?
Customer: DMR HWT260
JA: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?
Customer: Nothing apart from placing emitter in front of the remote receiver spot on the recorder and operating the remote controller in front of an ir receiver in an adjacent room. (I have a Lexcom system throughout the house)
JA: Who makes your speaker or sound system?
Customer: Lexcom was sold by PDL until they abandoned it as a failure but I have got mine to work by replacing the AV modulator with a later model from Schneider in Europe
JA: What have you tried so far with your sound system?
Customer: Nothing. This problem has arisen from my cancelling MySky and replacing the Skybox with this Panasonic recorder. Everything is working brilliantly except for this remote controller via the ir sender/emitters
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question Doug. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To check, have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?

Please let me know

thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The remote batteries are new and the remote works normally when operated directly with the recorder. It is only when the remote signal is transmitted via the ir receiver/emitter circuit that the recorder does not respond.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Which remote are you trying to use with the recorder?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. The Panasonic recorder is model DMR-HWT260 and the remote I am using came with the recorder. It has the label N2QAYB001077 on the back of the casing and the front is labeled as Panasonic RECORDER IR6.I would like to use the phone but I am very busy at the moment and rarely at home to be near the equipment to be of any use to you during a conversation. Please bear with me with this dialogue, at least in the short term.Thanks***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

And when you say " It is only when the remote signal is transmitted via the ir receiver/emitter circuit "

Which device is that?