Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does my system blink on and off every couple of seconds,

Customer Question
Why does my system...

Why does my system blink on and off every couple of seconds, did not have this problem with old roku ,started with new roku ultra I purchased 2 days ago,I've changed ports on tv,changed hdmi cable,unplugged power from roku no change,getting frustrated

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes the screen shows home screen,also does flashing if you go to any channel

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Connected to power with provided power cord and ported from hdmi port on roku to hdmi port on tv and cord to router for Internet connection which tests good when you do diag on roku

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Did the procedure,still flashing

What is the model number of the tv?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.