Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon 980F Mini Disc player and am getting an error…

Customer Question
I have a Denon...

I have a Denon 980F Mini Disc player and am getting an error code 40 on it. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Is your 980F system connected to or paired with anything?

No

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 980F?

I set the servo to high gain, but that didn't solve the issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to play a mini disc recorded on a Sony machine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I would like to resolve this issue. Thank you.
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Error code 40 indicates a problem with the spindle servo motor.

This can happen when the motor wears out, and it will need to be replaced.

You can arrange a repair through your local Denon dealer, or online at

https://usa.denon.com/us/support/service-network

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------