Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can’t get it to work. Purchased today. Installed but remote…

Customer Question
Can’t get it to...

Can’t get it to work

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Purchased today

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

Installed but remote is not working g

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

O

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is it you can't get to to work please?

The device is blinking white lights. The handheld remote does not get past the English request

What device is it you're referring to here?? A Roku? Amazon Firestick?

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Roku

Which model Roku do you have here?

Express

What do you see on your TV screen right now?

The press English.

Okay, remove the batteries from the remote, wait 10 seconds and then reinstall them. Let me know if it allows you to proceed.

Then it’s going through the banner scroll. The stick doesn’t seem to communicate

Already done that

Tell me everything you've tried already so we can save time.

Everything.

If you've tried everything then I would suggest returning the Roku express as it would appear to be defective.

Everything encompasses, well- everything. So then there's nothing else I could have you try if you've already tried it all.

No it’s not

Good luck!

Really!??
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 3 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Phone call session started
Hi another expert here online to help
So have ever been able to use the roku before?