Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I haven't used my Roku for quite some time. Havig installed…

Customer Question
I haven't used my...

I haven't used my Roku for quite some time. Havig installed fresh batteries in the control, I am being asked for my key or ,pass phrase. I have no memory of either. Can you please help me?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

I don't know the model. It's about 4 years old and is pretty basic.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I've tried nothing beyond getting the message I referred to.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 4 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer.
Do you happen to have know your roku online account and password? If yes, I would suggest reset the system to factory default and start over.
I don't know these details. What then are my options?
Well the best option is to reset to factory default and start fresh as if you just purchased this as new. While the roku is on, look on the back of the box, where the two cables are plugged and there should be a small hole to reset the system. Using paper clip, insert it and press for 30 seconds to reset the roku.
Then start installation for new roku with entering your wifi password ***** update the roku to a new firmware and then get the code to activate the roku online using your email. You will have to complete this with selecting of channels.
Let me know the results. You can also schedule a phone call if you would like me to walk you through the process