Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Roku was connected to the internet and television, now…

Customer Question
Our Roku was connected...

Our Roku was connected to the internet and television, now however it is not and I can not re-connect it....this is a brand new account 1 day old

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

We have a satellite connection (also 1 day old) and I am using it now with this computer to communicate with you, as well as our house phone, and both house phone and this computer are working well...thank you

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your Satellite and your router?

The satellite is on the roof of the house and the modem/router (one unit), but yes we have disconnected the TV from the modem/router.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I am aware of...thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/31/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 3 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.Can you tell me please what model Roku you have?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Roku Express,

Thank you. It may be easiest to just reset the ROKU device to factory settings and start fresh. Here's how to do that:

1. Press Home button on the Roku remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced System Settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory Reset Everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please give this a try and let me know when it has been successfully reset. I will then walk you through the setup process.

thank you so much, we are trying your directions....
we followed your step by steps ....Roku says (prompt) Scan again and wants us to choose your network...but no offers of networks appear

Did it reset successfully? Is the modem/wifi router plugged in and working correctly?

it is plugged in and should be working correctly as it is 1 day old we were viewing Roku quite fine then last night it just stopped sayin Not Connected...The Roku did not reset

I understand. That usually happens when the Roku loses the internet connection temporarily. Let's try restarting both the Roku Express and the Wifi router. To restart the Roku Express:

2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power
  5. Select System Restart

To restart your router, just unplug the power cord, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in. Please give the devices up to two full minutes to fully reboot and re-establish connections. Let me know if the Roku sees the wifi network after that.

Ok! our Roku remote won't let us choose the Home key! it literally will not return to Home! it wants us to choose Network!
we are pressing the Home key and nothing happens, the screen is stuck on a section wanting "Scan again to see to see all networks..."

I understand. Let's go ahead and restart the Wifi Router. Unplug the power cord, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in. Please give the router up to two full minutes to fully reboot and re-establish connections. after two full minutes have passed, please "Scan again to see all networks." Let me know if you see your network after that.

still trying
well our Roku stick (remote) will not respond to the Home key.
are you there?

I'm sorry to hear tha.t We'll just have to reset it a different way. Please go ahead and unplug the roku. On the back or bottom of all Roku devices you will see either a RESET "button" or a "pinhole". Which one do you have?

unplugging now, and we have a pinhole

Thank you. Since your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset. Turn the Roku Express back on (plug back in. Straighten the paperclip and insert into the pinhole, pressing firmly for a full 20 seconds. You should see an indicator light blinking rapidly when reset is complete.

we see the light blinking...thanks

Wonderful. Now we have a clean slate and can start from the beginning.

Connect the Roku stick to an HDMI port on your television. Next, use the include included USB power cable and power adapter to connect your streaming player to a wall outlet. Now, turn on your TV. Use your TV remote to select the correct input. For example, if you plugged the Roku into HDMI 1 that's what you would select. Some TV's have several HDMI inputs.

If you haven't already put batteries into your Roku remote, please do that now. Your remote should pair with your streaming player automatically. If it does not, please let me know and I will provide additional help with that.

Follow the instructions on your TV screen. Activate your streaming player by using your computer or smartphone to link to a Roku account. You can use your Existing Rokyu account to sign in.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help with any of the steps involved in setting up your Roku, just let me know.

well, the Roku will not move past a screen displaying "Choose your network" this is not working! We can only press the back arrow to "Let's get started page...English, Deutsch.." Choosing English, the next screen is Choose your network....but gets frozen there....

I am terribly sorry but I am out of ideas. I am opting out of the question in the hopes that another expert may be able to help you. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 3 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi another expert here to assist
So I can understand, you have new Wi-Fi router and new roku?
Do you happen to have a smart phone ? If yes, can you check on Wi-Fi option of your smart phone to see if it can identify the Wi-Fi router.