Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a used Roku and I set up an account.

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used Roku and I set up an account. ***@******.***. I also bought a britbox accountbut I can’t figure out how to use it on my Roku.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

The print is so small I can’t read it.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I talked to Brit ox and they sent me too you. When I go to home my britbox and my Roku accountsboth appear. I went on both and tried to set it up but no luck.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

I can’t afford to pay that right now.

Don't worry about the phone call, that's an automated email from the website.

Unplug Roku, and locate the tiny hole on the back of the Roku box. That is a reset button recessed into the case. Push that with a pointed object, and hold it for at least 30 seconds. This will reset the box to factory settings.

If it's done right, when you plug it in, it will take you to the guided setup. This will allow you to connect to wifi, and it will give you a code. On your computer, go to www.roku.com/link and enter the code you see on your TV screen. Since you are already logged into your Roku account on your computer, it will register your Roku under your account, and you can begin using it like it's brand new.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.

I have my roku account set up but I still can’t connect britbox to it

Ok, while you're signed into your Roku account on your computer, click here, and click ADD CHANNEL. That should automatically load it onto your Roku. If not, check the Roku Channel Store on your Roku.

I went on my britbox account and it shows the wrong email account for the roku

Did you go to the link I sent and try to add the channel?

but the code never came up. Can you look up my account and change the email?

I have no access to your account. Are you able to find Britbox on the Channel Store on Roku?

Are you able to find the channel in the Roku Channel Store?

Thank you so much for your help. However I wasn’t able to make it work. Britbox said the trouble was on your end. They said you could do a factory reset. If it isn’t possible I’ll just cancel my account. Thank you again for all your help.

Yes, to do the factory reset, unplug Roku. Locate the small hole on the back. Inside that hole, there is a reset button. Push that with a pointed object, and hold it for over 30 seconds to perform the factory reset.

Ok. I tried that twice and never got anywhere. When I was on Roku I wasn’t allowed to go to the options at all. Thanks again

After reading back on our conversation, the code won't come up... It will just add the channel to your lineup. Again, no code. You're signed into your Roku account, you went to the website and clicked ADD CHANNEL, and it should just show up in your channel list.

Did the channel finally come up?