Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

As I try to add new channels to my tv, they always ask who…

Customer Question
Hello. As I...

Hello. As I try to add new channels to my tv, they always ask who my tv provider is and Roku is never on the list. How do i answer them? Aso multiple freezing and my fox news only has a small picture with a banner saying subscribe now. I have no clue who I;m supposed to subscribe to

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

I;m not sure what you are asking. When I turn it on, I see Roku

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It's plugged into a power outlet and the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/31/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hello Harry. Yes please
No thanks

ROKU is not a TV provider

Then if I’m using (Roku) to watch my tv, who is.

I am not sure what you are asking

If I’m using (Roku) to watch my tv, and try to subscribe to something, they always ask who my tv provider is. How do I answer that question.

You would need a TV provider to use that app or channel -- Unfortunately, this is a very common misconception with ROKU where a user believes they receive all channels for free but some of them require a TV carrier.

I realize they aren’t free, Harry. That’s not my problem. I can’t subscribe because I thought Roku was the provider. If not Roku, then why
Ho?
Ho? Who?

Do you have a TV provider?

I think we’re just going around in circles. Thank you for your time.Bye

OK thank you