Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a new player and it is connected to a 4K UHD tv via a

Customer Question

I have a new player and it is connected to a 4K UHD tv via a HDMI cable. It appears to be stuck on 720 p and won't change to 4K 60 Hz, although I'm hitting all the right buttons. Any ideas?
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your 4K? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: I didn't confirm the new selection so the last display type is being used
JA: Is your 4K connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: It's connected to a power outlet, and the unit is connected to the TV via H DMI
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 7 months ago.

Is the movie or programme you are trying to play filmed in 4K?

If not that may be the reason.

Otherwise, can you provide make/ model of the TV and Player, and also details of what you are trying to watch please?

Best Regards,

Rich