Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm looking for a Panasonic DVD-RAM/PD Disc Cleaner

I'm looking for a Panasonic...
I'm looking for a Panasonic DVD-RAM/PD Disc Cleaner model#LF-K200DCA1. I've found a few but they are so expensive. I would really like to find some a little more reasonable if I could.
Can anyone help me?
3/29/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

I'm not sure of the price you were quoted, but this is the exact model you are looking for: Click here.

You don't need to use anything fancy, you just need the cleaner, and a microfiber cloth, click here.

There is another style, where you put the disc into the machine, and it cleans inside the machine, click here.

These all use a cleaning solution, and a micro fiber cloth. It doesn't matter which one you use, it's all about preference.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you need more help, please reply.

Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Thank you Rusty!
I haven't even looked at the links you sent me. I will in a minute though.Do you know where I might find the exact cleaning fluid that comes with the Panasonic DVD-RAM cleaning kit that I asked about. I've used many different cleaning kits over the years for vinyl, tapes, digital discs, recording/playback magnetic tape heads, laser lens, etc. I've always been a bit fanatical about maintenance of my equipment and media. This fluid seems more like old school claning solutions than most others these days. It's designed for DVD-RAM discs which is what I first purchased it for since they are pretty delicate. But, I've also found it good for CD, DVD & Blu-ray recording discs, particularly before they are recorded on or finalized.
Would you happen to know what are the ingredients of this particular solution?
And, the cleaning cloths that come with the Panasonic kits are extremely soft but very durable. They feel like some type of animal suede. Similar to VCR tape head cleaning swabs, the ones that are about 1/2 inch wide, 3 inches long and slightly angled white plastic.
I will look at the links now and then give my rating.
Thank you again!Roy

Hi Roy, sorry for the delay, I had to step out for family time. The first link I sent is the exact stuff. Here's the thing with CD cleaners:

They are just a water based cleanser, to be used with a micro fiber cloth.

The stuff for fixing scratches is a plexiglass scratch remover.

Discs are Plexiglas, so solvents aren't used, or they will fog up the material. This is why they are water based. If you're using a lens cleaner for your player, an alcohol based cleaner can be used, but for the most part, they are water soluble. As for magnetic tape heads, I've always found the best way to clean the heads is with rubbing alcohol, and a long cotton swab. That does a better job than any cleaning kit I've ever seen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Rusty,I'm sorry for have taken so long getting back to you. The best cleaner for most everything as far as tape heads, CDs, DVDs, and all the way through to monitor and tv screens that I've seen is a 50/50 mix of 90% alcohol and distilled water. It has no possibility of residue or any impurities like mineral deposits. It might be a little extreme but I like it. Maybe I should try it on a DVD that hasn't been finalized and a DVD-RAM disc. Heck, I think I'll try it out on everything I have an extra of. Marble counter tops to saran wrap?
It's been a pleasure, Rusty!
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer