Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can not change time on Sony model SLV-D281P. Remote does not…

Customer Question
Can not change time...

Can not change time on Sony model SLV-D281P

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SLV-D281P?

Remote does not change time on player

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Sony SLV-D281P DVD player

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your SLV-D281P?

With online help we unplugged and replugged player, pushed each button on remote twice, replaced batteries. Setup button works but nothing works after that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I hace been able to change the time many times before but now it does not work.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean the menu will not respond at all?

Please let me know

After I press startup on the remote when I press any of the sections around enter at the bottom of the remote nothing happens. The remote does seem to work for other commands.

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the sony (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Turning off the machine did not help. Maybe I am doing something wrong, although I have changed the time quite a few times in the past. Thinking the remote was the problem I got another one and it did not help. Maybe I am not doing the correct thing after I push the setup button. What exactly should I be pushing next? And what should I be doing to make sure the DVD playback is stopped? Once I get the option going I do know how to set the time.Peter

Do you have a smart phone there with a camera Peter?

I do have a smart phone with camera. what do you want me to take a picture of?Peter

Please turn the camera on and put the end of the remote at it.

The camera can see the infrared light from the end of the remote.

Looking through the lens via the screen, push buttons on the remote while it is facing the camera and tell me if you see any lights showing

Then we know if the remote is working or not

Richard,Nothing works so I am keeping it as is, being one hour too early. In the Fall when daylight saving ends it will show the right time again. Thanks for trying to help.Peter

Ok, but if the last instructions failed it means a faulty remote and this would need to be replaced, this is the cause if the issue.

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.