Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to link a Roku account TV never gave code. Power outlet…

Customer Question
How to link a...

How to link a Roku account TV never gave code

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

No

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Is this a brand new roku you are setting up for the first time?
Have you connected to wifi yet?

for first time
trying to connect not on wifi yet

That is why you aren't getting a code.

You cannot proceed through the registration process until you set up the wifi connection first.

The roku has to be connected to wifi before anything else can happen.

It needs to be plugged into power and the tv set to the matching input where the roku is connected

then use the roku remote to follow the on screen prompts of choosing your wifi network and putting in your wifi password.

After that, it will generate a registration screen for you

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.