Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

IWe plan on taking our Sony BDP S3200 to france as we are…

Customer Question
IWe plan on taking...

IWe plan on taking our Sony BDP S3200 to france as we are staying for 3 weeks in a villa with no internet. We have bought a number of dvd tv series and m taking them with us. We have been told by the letting agent that the tv in the villa is an old one with Scart. Is there a converter I can buy that will marry the two. The ones I have looked at on line say they only convert video, but not sound. Other forums say it is impossible as you cannot convert digital into analogue.

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Can you help as we will go crazy watching french speaking every night

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your BDPS3200 and your router?

There is no internet

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: hongkongpom,
 replied 2 months ago
hongkongpom

Hello there, you can buy a converter like this click me since your player only has HDMI output.

The trouble however is that this converter only outputs analogue PAL & NTSC signals which the TV may or may not handle. The French analogue TV was another standard called SECAM. Since you are using the SCART input on the TV this is an analogue input.

If the TV has a USB socket you could convert your DVD shows to an avi or mp4 files and put them all on a USB stick. They should play this way. There are a few free programmes that you can use to do this.

You could also consider to buy a cheap DVD player when you get there, however you need to check the DVDs to see what region they are since Australia (region 4) and France (region 2) are not the same region. You should try the DVD at the French shop though to make sure. If they say region "ALL" then you're ok. Look on the back of the DVD covers to see the region. DVD players in France should play PAL DVDs. In the old days with VHS tapes they would be in SECAM but now France has changed that.