Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We would like to get Fox News on our Roku, but our provider…

Customer Question
We would like to...

We would like to get Fox News on our Roku, but our provider is Verizon DSL Service. Is there any help?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

2720x

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I loaded the Fox Channel into Roku but had to provide my provider in order to type in a code that was on my screen. Verizon Fios was listed but not Verizon DSL

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

At this time I would say no. Keep in mind I am 87 and not a whiz kid

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Verizon is still your cable account provider here, so you would want to choose verizon (even if it says fios) as the next step, and then will be prompted for the login/account info for your verizon account, and once they verify that it should allow the app to activate. Let me know if that works for you, please.

Ok give me a minute

Thank you

Not so good. I was told I had to select a Fios package the contained Fox News

Do you get your cable tv service through verizon? Or just your internet?

My normal tv is from comcast

Okay that is the problem then,

many of the roku channels, like fox, require that you have a paid cable/satellite subscription.
So you should not be choosing verizon here, you should be choosing comcast, if they are your cable provider, and signing in to your comcast account to activate the fox app.

I’ll give that a shot

Thank you

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.