Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I downloaded a software update snd now the screen just

Customer Question
I downloaded a software...

I downloaded a software update snd now the screen just flashed and blinks

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

Just a few minutes ago and before that it was in December

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to watch the Roku Chanel with out all the loading constantly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

What type of device did you download the software update for?

The picture continues to just blink and change screens. It is impossible to watch any channel. I have tried resetting and unplugging and nothing helps.
Are you there to help?

Yes I am here but I need to know what type of device did you download the software update for?

- is this happening on a TV, a computer, a smartphone, or something else?

What is the make and model number please?

I downloaded an update on the Roku Premier on my tv. The TV picture seems fine. It is just the Roku affected. The Prime Video is not blinking but constantly loading or buffering.
The Roku model number is *****
Serial no. 7J9684787452
The main screen continues to flash and blink

Ok, the download may have corrupted the Roku's operating system.

Can you try resetting the Roku?

If you can still access the Roku menu:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

OR press and hold the small reset button on the Roku device for up to 10 seconds to reset it.

Then set the device up again and let me know if it works normally again.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I tried and followed the directions and all it does is blink and flash after the factory reset. Now what?
It is also popping and making some cracking noises

After the reset it will need to be set up again.

Is the correct input source selected on the TV?

Can you test it on a different TV if the problem continues?

It is being set up again but still blinking. Bl
The other Roku in my home is constantly rebooting on Prime Video channel
It is finished setting up but continues to blink and cracking

My problem still is unsolved.
It is the same on all TVs....
Why was I charged $26 twice for this unresolved issue?

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account, however you normally pay a deposit when you ask your question.

If the Roku is not working on any TV, even after a reset, then it has a fault and will need to be returned.