Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why am I receiving audio but no video. The screen saysHDCD…

Why am I receiving...

Why am I receiving audio but no video. The screen saysHDCD unauthorized. Content disabled

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

It is a Viizio TV 5 yearsold

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 5?

Don’t understand

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works and cable tv for regular channels work. I only use Netflix and Amazon. Problem with both.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that this is the first time this has ever happened.

3/26/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

Ok

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What is video streaming device hooked to the TV to receive Netflix and Amazon?

Model#:E601i-A3. Roku

Thanks for the info

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick connected to the TV?

Box

OK, this kind of problem occurs due to HDMI cable communication error between TV and Roku box

First please reboot the Roku box, disconnect its power for a minute, reconnect the power to reboot it and check

If the problem still persists then use a different HDMI cable to connect the Roku box to the TV and reply back with the result

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Rebooting worked, thank you very much

Much welcome, wish you the best~