Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can not play Netflix.. The screen reads "HDCP

I can not play...

I can not play Netflix.. The screen reads "HDCP unauthorized. Content disabled.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

It is my TV and with the Roku stick I can usually get Netflix

3/26/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

This happens for two reasons:

1. Your HDMI cable has gone out. This happens frequently, and it loses the two way communication with your system, causing the HDCP error. Without the 2 way communication, the HDCP will always come up.

2. There is a recorder connected to your system. Disconnect the recorder, and the HDCP error will no longer be a part of the equation.

Tell me how it works. Please don't forget to rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.

Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Thanks. It works now
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request)
Hello Rusty
I was very disappointed with the $30 plus charge. I did not click on this charge and in fact $5 charge was to be reimbursed.
Please take me off your potential client list and take me off your email list.
Thank you
Eva