Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a first generation I-pod with a lot of songs

Customer Question
I have a first...

I have a first generation I-pod with a lot of songs downloaded. It was a special gift given to me by my son. It even has my initials engraved on the back. It needs a new battery. I brought it to 2 Apple stores to see if they could replace the battery. Both told me they no longer carry generation 1 replacement batteries. I 've called everywhere with no results. Can you please tell me where I can a new battery for this I-Pod please.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am not sure what you are asking me. I am 74 years old and not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to anything technical.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

It has been a while. Probably over a year. I have tried to charge the I-Pod but it will not charge past 10 o/o.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No but thank you for your help. I do not own a computer yet (hopefully that will change soon). Everything I do is off my I-Pad.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.