Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm writing for your recommendation for THE BEST repair

Customer Question
Hello! My...

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'm writing for your recommendation for THE BEST repair service in the Sarasota, Florida area for my 48 year-old Thorens turntable. The motor still runs like a clock but the tone arm has just started to push backwards toward the end of each LP.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Only about 4 or 5 days

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

God No! I need your recommendation for the best THORENS REPAIR PLACE in the Sarasota area

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only if you could vouch personally for any place/person in particular

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 27 days ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your turntable servicing question.

This might be the best location for you to take your turntable to for servicing:

Audio Workshop

Stereo HiFi Sales & Service

*****West

Bradenton Fl 34205

(###) ###-####/p>

https://audioworkshop1.com/

As for others, in your region, they are these:

Pro Electronics Repair Bradenton

*****E

Bradenton, FL 34208

(###) ###-####/p>

or

Gary Dahle Pro Audio Repair

*****/p>

Sarasota, FL 34240

(###) ###-####/p>

or

Audio Video Helpers

*****Ter E

Sarasota, FL 34243

(###) ###-####/p>

or

Crescendo Audio

*****72

Sarasota, FL 34241

(###) ###-####/p>

and there are perhaps others... none are specifically Thorens-Authorized, since Thorens only provides ship-it-to-them servicing, officially, rather than a selection of locations. But these are probably, esp. the first one, capable of helping you with the problem (which at a guess might have to do with a loose wire obstructing the base of the spindle inside the turntable, or some such easily found and fixed problem. That's a guess, though.)

If these cannot help or are not satisfactory, please Reply and let me know, and I will list others.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech