Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My bose cd player just stopped playing in the middle of a…

Customer Question
My bose cd player...

My bose cd player just stopped playing in the middle of a song and now any disc /I put in it says it is unplayable.

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Beats me--I just bought it several months ago on Amazon--it has bluetooth stuff that I din't use.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Unplugging it. Tried a CD disc cleaner but it was unplayable too

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Until now no problems with it.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 29 days ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 26 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Technician