Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon DP-2000, Serial # 117851 that I purchased in…

I have a Denon...

I have a Denon DP-2000, Serial # 117851 that I purchased in 1978. I nnee

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

I have a Denon turntable that I purchased in 1978. The model # is DP-2000 and the serial # is 117851. I need to replace the cartridge and stylus. Could you please recommend a replacement cartridge and where I could purchase one.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The Denon uses a universal MM cartridge which can be purchased at the link below (the stylus is included):

https://www.amazon.com/Cartridge-Stylus-mounting-DPDJ150-DP300FSP/dp/B0759XP9RP

Additionally the Audio Technica at the following link also includes the stylus and is compatible with the Denon:

http://hifiheaven.net/shop/Audio-Technica-CN5625AL-Phono-Cartridge?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkd3VBRDzARIsAAdGzMAq75FW1X5ta650WHsv6N6965MsTbxxiMh3IiImjQka40_dlJ-Kq0IaAkRmEALw_wcB

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

What is the name brand of the cartridge from Amazon?

You can see as much as I can on that page. Appears to be an off brand called 'Audio Origin'.

You can see as much as I can on that page. Appears to be an off brand called 'Audio Origin'. I would personally probably stick with the Audio Technica. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician