Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku was working before. Currently when i use my sony…

Customer Question
My roku was working...

My roku was working before. Currently when i use my sony remote, hitting source then choosing HDMI1, there is the background of roku- the cartoon innercity skyscrapers, but I have no video. can you help me with the connection?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

It was given too me. its a small square HD box. My nephew set it up for me

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I know next to nothing about technology. nothing really

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I really don't know anything, so i do not know what to mention

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/25/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Any idea how long it's been since the batteries were replaced in that Roku remote? If not, can you try replacing them and let me know what happens?

Are you still with me here?

Just replaced them and hit the home button and the picture went purple. now it says Roku

Okay, and then what? After the Roku letters did it start up?

In other words is it working normally now?

Hello.....

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?