Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just received a Roku 2. Can I use it on one TV (and

Just received a Roku...

Just received a Roku 2. Can I use it on one TV (and disconnect the cable box) without affecting the two other TVs which use comcast.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

2

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Nothing. I attempted to set up the Roku but saw the comcast box plugged into the HDMI slot where I need to put the Roku cord.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Note that I can think of.

3/24/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes you can simply disconnect the HDMI cable from the one TV you want to use Roku on without affecting the others. There's also a better alternative than that.

Instead of disconnecting the the HDMI cord each time you want to switch from cable to Roku- buy an HDMI switcher that allows you to plug all HDMI sources (Roku and cable box), into it, and then one cable connects to the TV. The switcher is at Best Buy for $30 at the link below:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-3-port-hdmi-switch-black/2058023.p?skuId=2058023&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=711e3d4c-e2ed-4d8f-a838-f8a895f326d7&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg252604&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=CjwKCAjw7tfVBRB0EiwAiSYGM-hpFFYXLmYocxRuxYehcT3ES0kG_BZKm9ZOdXUkU7cUccaI9xaJARoC7p4QAvD_BwE

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What’s the other alternative?

I just posted it above your reply. Refresh your page and/or scroll up to see it. Let me know if you cannot.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I won’t be going back and forth but it’s good to know how to do it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it��������

You're welcome. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for the help. Just returned from Best Buy, looking for the switcher. They only had the switcher with four portals for $80.00. It was more than I wanted to spend on it. So, I will just disconnect the cable box and go with the Roku only.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got another router for the area near this particular TV. It is downstairs and a fair bit away from the computer and router upstairs. I hooked it up, inserted an Ethernet cord into the Roku and the router. When I am asked to go through the steps of setting it all up, I get to the part of recognizing the network. If I select using the wired Ethernet, it will connect me to the wifi connection, the local net, but not the internet. If I plug it into the internet port (instead of the Ethernet port) it won’t recognize the wifi. Frustrating and confusing. Can you help???

I'm sorry, I don't have any info on that. It would need to be posted as a new question and another expert may assist.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.
Aric, Technician