Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When we try to move from a cable station to Amazon prime or…

Customer Question
When we try to...

When we try to move from a cable station to Amazon prime or Netflix it goes black

Technician's Assistant: What Amazon model do you have?

Its a Samsung tv

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Amazon media player?

Okay, here's the real problem. We start up the TV, try to get Spectrum, Amazon Prime, Netflix, the screen shows it's starting up but then it goes black. If we choose TBS, the program comes on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, when I try to make a select between those stations (lack of knowing correct term) say, Netflix, Amazon Prime comes up, Select Spectrum, and Netflix starts up. It's like the bottom bar is off by one or two icons selections

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/24/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry,
Sorry I seem to be having many challenges with electronics right now. Okay, the problem keeps popping up during the day on this one TV. When you get the 'home' screen with all the different apps, and select an application, the one on the right or on the left of my selection will appear. It may take up to 5 tries to get the right application. Even if you hit the home button, the application I was watching doesn't always come back up as the one being used, another application will appear. The other challenge is when I am watching an application, say Spectrum, the show will be showing then all of a sudden, the audio and video stop and I get a blank black screen. If I hit the Home button, the TV comes back to life and shows all the apps. The challenge is then will the program stay on. This happens on Spectrum, Netflix and Amazon Prime. If I select say TBS, the program comes on and stays on. This is only happening to this one TV so far. We will turn off this TV and go to another room and when we come back later, nearly everything is working right except the home screen and showing the application we want to view.

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?

That is my plan for tonight and hopefully it will correct the issue. If not, I would rather chat with you than type things out. I'll let you know tomorrow.

OK thank you

Harry,
What time would be good for you to talk with me about the TV / Roku challenge on Thursday. I have a medical issue to handle tomorrow and will be gone most of the day. Thanks, Adam

After 5pm EST

HI Harry,
RIght now everything is working correctly. I can't see calling you and taking up your time when with electronics, if it isn't acting up, it is nearly impossible to find the cause. Thank you for being so patient with me. If it starts up again, I'll try to get you so we can finish it. Thank you Adam

OK thank you