Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does Roku support want to charge me one hundred dollars…

Customer Question
Why does Roku support...

Why does Roku support want to charge me one hundred dollars to activate my third device

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Guess so

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/24/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

There is no such charge for roku, if someone is trying to charge you that type of support fee, it is a scam or non roku service.

There is no fee to activate, register, or use a roku device. There are charges required for some apps/subscriptions however.

To be clear, this is a paid support service as well, you had to pay the fees noted and agreed to on the payment page to post your question and correspond with me here, but it is far less than $100 and this is not a scam or overseas tech that is going to steal your credit card data.

I can help to guide you through the registration process of the roku if you need assistance with that, it is covered under the chat fees you already paid here.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.