Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What does this cost? The toshiba dvd player in the

Customer Question
What does this cost? ...

What does this cost?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

The toshiba dvd player in the television is playing in black and white.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We have had one

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/24/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your TV playback question.

If the DVD player is modular within the TV, with no cable connections involved (because if there were cables involved, one of them might have gone bad or come loose and thus have ceased transmitting the color portion of the signal...), then you may try cleaning the DVD drive with a DVD drive cleaning kit.

Such as this one:

https://www.target.com/p/uber-laser-lens-cleaner-blu-ray-dvd-and-cd-cleaner/-/A-10690717?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Electronics+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Electronics&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9053018&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI75uz4duF2gIVSEwNCh2A9QiSEAQYAiABEgLzm_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

or this more expensive one:

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/3066162937019332371?lsf=seller:7933,store:15521156262887326361&prds=oid:11658534510191145472&q=DVD+drive+cleaning+kit&hl=en&ei=C6q2WrWAFemJggejlrL4DA&lsft=cm_mmc:PLA-_-Google-LIA-_-870881681-_-142330-VQ6-204195307890-VQ16-c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-local-+VQ20-301640417026-VQ21-2291,gclid:EAIaIQobChMI75uz4duF2gIVSEwNCh2A9QiSEAQYASABEgIZ8_D_BwE

and also try different DVD discs in the player after that. If the problem persists, it most likely is a hardware failure in the DVD player part of the TV (- if regular channels of cable or broadcast don't also have the problem, in which case the problem would be in the TV not the DVD player part.)

If you need to know more, please let me know in Reply, and I will continue to assist and advise you.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.