Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am separated from my husband and I have a roku that has…

Customer Question
I am separated from...

I am separated from my husband and I have a roku that has always been in his name with his credit card account. I have my same roku now and I want my own information and card on file to purchase what I want.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Roku 3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

To purchase willie wonka on fandango. it would let me but I want my own info.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I want my own Netflix and Vudu accounts too.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/23/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The steps to "reset" the Roku are shown at the link below (resetting it erases all of the previous settings in the device):

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Additionally each of the Apps/services you want to create accounts for, you need to go directly to their sites and click "setup account". You'll then use the username and password ***** choose to sign into those services on the Roku. Here is Netflix for example (for Vudu- go to www.vudu.com, etc.):

https://www.netflix.com/signup

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Simply view the page you posted your question on for the answer.