Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a panasonic sv-3800 DAT machine that I purchased used…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a panasonic sv-3800 DAT machine that I purchased used (130 drum hrs). I just plugged it in and put a DAT tape in (I just need to playback tapes into an analog board (mackie), and nothing happens. The power light is on, the display reacts, but I don't hear the tape load nor do any of the play/rewind buttons work.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I have reset the parameters and during that process I do use several buttons that do all work...and the play button will close the drawer when pressed. It also lights up for that 2-3 seconds. then nothing.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SV-3800?

Are you a person or AI?

Technician's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Electronics Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Its all listed already. please read and pass on.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/23/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi Harry, I do hope this works..I didn't realize that I had to pay an additional $26 - I thought it was an increase from the $24! Will you call soon? Jeffrey
Can you tell me what is happening? Are we going to continue this fix?
phone or no phone -- either is okay.
ummm...hello? :-)
a couple of more minutes....
sorry it didn't work out. bye