Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hdr 135 and just tried to use it with a different…

Customer Question
I have a hdr...

I have a hdr 135 and just tried to use it with a different tv but all I hear is static from all three channels

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Insignia

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Insignia? What happened right before this?

Tv works fine just out of box

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Headphones were working fine with the old TV when I hooked up to the new TV all I get is static. I’ve switched to all three channels with no success
I need to leave home now, can you call me at 3pm my time tomorrow?

Hi Jim, yes, we can continue whenever suits.

Have you tried hooking up to a different TV?
Are there any devices nearby that could be causing interference, e.g. a wireless router or a cordless phone?

Can you help me now with my sennheiser head phones not working with my insignia TV. Was working with previous TV no other changes except for the new TV
Please call me at(###) ###-####
when can I expect to receive a call?

Hi Jim,

Have you tried hooking up to a different TV since the problem started?

Head phones work fine on other TVs

Ok, so the problem is not with the headphones but with the TV itself.

What is the model number of your Insignia TV?

Which connection on the TV are you using?

Using a hdmi from satellite dish
Will you call me?

You will need to check the audio settings -

Press the Menu button on the remote control, select Audio, then go down to Headphones/Audio Out and adjust the setting between Variable and Fixed.

Let me know if that works?

Ok don’t call but what’s the answer to my problem?

Let me know if that works?

Ok I scroll down and can see headphones/ audio out but it’s not highlighted and so not able to select it
Still waiting for a response?

I will check with the other experts on this.

Ok
When will the new expert contact me?
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

At this point, the last expert had me use the menu on TV to go to headphones but on my TV it’s not high lighted so not able to click on it

Have you tried a factory reset on the TV?