Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm unable to6connect my new roku to you tube6tv. Streaming…

Customer Question
I'm unable to6connect my...

I'm unable to6connect my new roku to you tube6tv

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Streaming stick plus

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Streaming stick plus

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I have you tube tv on my cell

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Are you able to access other apps, like netflix on the roku?

Do you not see the roku app at all? Or you have it but get an error when trying to open?

the robku is working
I got my Amazon prime open on it

I see the you tube app
It tells me to go to tv.youtube.com/activate on my cell
When i do it comes on my cell live but there is no where to enter a code that was given

Please do this on your computer instead,

that link does not work properly on a cell phone because it tries to open in the mobile app,

just click here on your computer: https://accounts.google.com/signin/oauth/usercode?pageId=none&flowName=DeviceOAuth

Does6the same6on the6computer

Try doing it in a different browser, one you don't normally use (like edge)

I'm signing off

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat (which you've already paid for), that is fine too. Just let me know either way.
Thanks,

Credit card is fine
Used it today
Very low balance
Computer just keeps cycling when putting code into edge
Roku just won't connect to you tube
Impossible to find telephone number for support

It isn't a matter of the card number,

it is the extra charge for the call that sometimes gets caught in automated filters by the card co and rejected, you have to call them to approve it.

There is no phone number for youtube, there is no support provided for youtube really

Going to sleep

Please try the link I sent on a computer, either in a private/hidden/incognito browser or a browser other than what you typically use, and it should work for you. You can get back to me later at your convenience.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

You tube solved my problem
I see that my credit card has two charges.
One for $5 and one for $30
In the past the second charge is not made if the problem was not answered.
I don't think I should be charged the $30

You pay the full amount (2nd charge, for the agreed upon balance) upon corresponding with an expert.

I'm glad to hear it is working for you. I had sent you several steps to take with no response back, so to be fair I really didn't have an opportunity to help further if it was needed and you left the conversation.

I tried another browser with no success when I was working with you.
I know I entered a response but I don't see it there. It probably something I did wrong. It was late and we didn't make any progress and I wasn't able to contact you by cell so I went to bed and contaced you tube in the morning.
I have used just answer many times but now I will have to reconsider in the future

I have no control over any site matters.

We're all independent techs here working on our own personal time in good faith to help. I apologize if there were any site issues, I have been standing by waiting to help resolve this for you. If you wish to credit me for my work and efforts to help you that is done via the stars at the top of the page. If you feel a refund is in order that may be self managed from the help page.