Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just switched from cable to roku. the upstairs two roku are…

Customer Question
Just switched from cable...

Just switched from cable to roku. the upstairs two roku are working fine, the downstairs will not connect and hs a blinking light. is the wifi too far away or blocked somehow? we kept internet with the cable compny

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, the roku screen and all the downloaded channels are the, it just says up in the right corner. not connected

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 4 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
How far is your roku from wifi router?
Who is your internet service provider?
Probably thirty feet, but the TV is in the basement too. It always worked when we had cable. Didn't think it would mess up by going to just interney
how far is the other roku from the wifi router
The other two Roku are 15feet and ten feet thru a wall. They are fine.
How many walls between the wifi and the roku in question?
Thank you , no.
Sorry. A floor and two walls
Ok, this is the problem. You can purchase wifi range extender to be used with the basement roku. Netgear sell a device that is great. I have one in my house to get wifi signal to the 3rd floor from wifi router in the basement. You can purchase one of those at your local Walmart or staples. It is called wifi range extender.
Thank you. I will get one tomorrow. Preciate the help
You are welcome. Please let me know if you need more help.