Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cannot use my remote on RoKU. It will not move the cursor…

I cannot use my...

I cannot use my remote on RoKU. It will not move the cursor to Netflix, PBS, or any other setting.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

ROKU streaming stick 3600R

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I have unplugged the stick from the side of the tv and plugged it back in and I have also removed the connecting wire that goes into the stick and plugged it back in. I did get the options once but the cursor would not move and then it went back to the screen with the city landscape.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Have you tried to put fresh batteries in Roku remote?

I just did that.
No I thought you could help me through the email.

OK, do you see a button near the batteries on Roku remote as shown in following link image?

/

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat

I see the bottom.
Ok now what.

Nice, press and hold that button on Roku remote for 5 seconds, release it and wait 5 seconds

Now try the Roku remote, does it work?

No, it's still not working.

Ok, please reboot the Roku stick, disconnect its power and unplug it from TV for a minute, replug it to the TV and reconnect the power into Roku stick to get it rebooted till get Roku logo/ home screen

Now push the pairing button on Roku remote again for 5 seconds and reply back with the result

No, it still is not working.

This isn't good news and shows the problem is with the Roku remote

I would recommend trying another set of fresh batteries in Roku remote just in case

If the problem still persist then a new Roku remote would be next option to resolve the issue, a new remote would be available with Roku Accessories at the following link

https://www.roku.com/accessories/remotes

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Ok, thanks for your help. I'll will get another remote. I just purchased this one on December 27, 2017.