Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When watching my Xfinity on my tv with Roku all of a sudden…

Customer Question
When watching my Xfinity...

When watching my Xfinity on my tv with Roku all of a sudden when on the guide and select a program to watch you get an error message saying something went wrong, try again later. Now all of a sudden that message pops up while you are watching tv. I called Xfinity and it says not there problem. This is happening on all tv both at my house and my girlfriends house how can I correct

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

The Internet connection she has excellent and I am able to connect via my phone or my iPad

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

The Internet connection she has excellent and I am able to connect via my phone or my iPad. Yes you have tried both

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes you have tried both

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Is this happening on a roku tv? Or when actually watching the roku?

Or on all the tvs when watching from a comcast box?

I’ll have to wait till I get home this evening
No probably please get back to me at your convenience
Ok be like 10 pm
No problem take your time
On a Roku TV.

Good evening,

Okay so you have a roku tv.

But does this happen on the roku apps? Or when watching the comcast cable channels?

Or are you trying to use an xfinity app via roku?

Happens only when watching Xfinity on Roku tv’s

Okay but again I need to know if you're watching via an xfinity app via on the roku, or if you're using an xfinity receiver box connected to the tv with a hdmi cable

I’ll be glad to call when I get home proximately 10 PM
Using Xfinity via Roku I guess. I have no cable box

Okay so you go to the roku home screen, where you have a list of apps like netflix, amazon, etc and one of the appx there is xfinity?

Go unplug power to your comcast modem, for at least 5 minutes

replug, then try again on the rokus

Ok I un plugged cable modem for 15 minutes. When I go to xfinity guide and select a channel to watch i get a nessage that says “something went wrong please try again later. Then there is an ok button to push and it then takes you back to guide. Occassionly you will get the channel but sometimes while watching the channel the error message pops back up. It says error DRM-3. I have not had this happen when watching Roku. Both my TVs are doing this and my girlfriends is doing same thing and she lives accross town. I called Comcast and they said excellent signal level, it is not there problem. Neither of us have a cable box. This is something that just started a couple of weeks ago but now happening a lot more frenquently to the point you can’t even watch a whole program.
she is using a Roku too? Are you on the same Comcast account
Different accounts. All are insignia-Roku tv’s less than6 months old.
Go into the Roku home screen. Highlight the xfinity app then hit the option * button on the Roku remote. Delete the app.
Then unplug the tv for a minute
Replug go to the Roku channel store and install xfinity again
Still same results

Go go into the roku options and run the System Update option

It says system is updated

This would be a comcast or account issue at this point,

the xfinity app for roku is just a beta app, meaning it is a test and is going to have occasional functionality issues or possibly even be just discontinued entirely. I'd call them next and have them check the status of your authorization to use this app on your account, they may need to reset it or issue a new app authorization for you.

I’ll try when I get home this evening
Thank you