Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We are ditching Direct tv but still want some of the

Hi we are ditching Direct...
Hi we are ditching Direct tv but still want some of the features that we had like pausing and recording shows. Is there anything that we can buy to do this on our own? (We are using two tv's, one has roku built in but im not familiar with it. Other tv is basic flatscreen and not smart.)
3/19/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

How would you be planning to get channels?

What type of content (shows/channels) are you wanting to access?

Thru the internet and over the air, channels like A&E, ID, Bravo, and some sports
Okay there are some options for that. Recording really isn’t needed for the Roku. Any of the channels or apps on the Roku are available on demand so there is no need to record those. You can get a lot of the cable type channels via sling.tv for about $20 a month so far less than cable. For other local stations you can pick them up via an antenna.
For the local channels I’d recommend a tablo box like this http://amzn.to/2pp2j3l
This is a central dvr box so you need only one antenna and can record and then play back or watch live tv through it on any of your Rokus
GREAT! but we want to be able to pause the show and come back to it a few min later. Any options for that?
That would be the tablo I just sent above. This will pause or schedule recordings from live over the air channels. You’ll want to get another Roku for your other tv. Those are only about $30.
Nathan, Technician
awesome, thanks so much!