Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can’t turn my tv off. I have a screen that says press exit…

Customer Question
I can’t turn my...

I can’t turn my tv off. I have a white screen that says press exit and turn power off with remote. I don’t know what the exit button is and nothing turns the tv off

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

It worked fine up until I tried to turn it off. Now I can’t even get back to the main screen

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

To the tv but it had a white light

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

O No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me the brand and model number of the tv, please?
If you use the Power button on the tvs own remote (not cable/roku/dvd/etc) does that work? What about the power button on the back/side of the tv itself?

It’s an LG tv not sure of the model

The model number is ***** on a sticker on the back of the tv.

The tv remote doesn’t work nor does the rocky remote. It says press exitkey. What is that?
Roku remote doesn’t work
Lg model 47LS4500

There is an Exit button on the LG tv remote.

Will the tv power off with the button on the actual tv?

Nothing but unplugging it turns it off

Okay and when you plug it back in, does the same message come up?

Okay I need you to next please disconnect everything from the tv (cable/satellite, roku, dvd, etc),

so that the tv is not plugged into anything except for the power cord.

Does it show the same message still then?

Finally got the tv off but when I start the roku it goes to the sane white shut off acreen
Ok it reset

Okay but it happens only on the roku screen now?

Assuming so, then that is a roku issue,

which is actually a good thing, at least better than a problem

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

with the tv itself.