Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a BLU-ray Disc Recorder ,DMR-BWT835 (Purchased August…

I have a BLU-ray...

I have a BLU-ray Disc Recorder ,DMR-BWT835 (Purchased August 2013)

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

I cannot get the Wireless Lan Connection (via Wizard) to work get message Device Error (in an apartment no other wi-fi found) also tried both WPS (push button) and also manual entry.In trouble shooting guide states Device Error consult dealer. The Wired option works but not practical in the new apartment. Can you help please? Rob Lea

3/19/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Do you see an error code/number on the screen?
Do you have issues with any other wifi devices? How far is the router from the panasonic? Or is it perhaps a shared wifi provided by the apartment community?

1) No Code number displayed, displays "Device Error" on TV.
Refer Operating Instructions (VQT4W67 page 106 & 87).
(2) PC Wifi link is very good (full strength),
PC also shows other apartments Routers, (in the PC set-up process).
Cellphone also OK to modem
(3) My Modem is 8 metres from TV and modem unique to my apartment.In the (DMR) Wizard setup it is not picking up any other modems under the search option.
The Press WPS Press button no effect. The Manual entry method still get "Device Error"(on TV) when checking status of connection.
The DMR does not appear to be receiving any Wi-Fi signals ?

Thank you for checking,

this would indicate an internal hardware defect, meaning that the internal wifi transceiver or control board has failed. This is fairly common with these types of players, and this one is already past its service life so that is not surprising to see.

There is no practical fix for it though, it would cost more to repair than to buy a new recorder.

What I'd recommend is using the wired ethernet connection instead. If that is not practical to wire up, you can still use the wired lan port, via a powerline ethernet adapter: http://amzn.to/28SDK8 or wifi bridge: http://amzn.to/28PrUHk type device. You can purchase one of these at a local electronics or office supply/computer store.

Best regards,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service