Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have ROku streaming stick and remote but remote will not…

Customer Question
Have ROku streaming stick...

Have ROku streaming stick and remote but remote will not move right or left or anywhere . Channel logos show, I have rebooted and stick shows a blue light. My living room remote is fine. this stick and remote is not working in my bedroom. and I have changed batteries to no avail. I had this stick in Massachusetts and brought it to my second TV in California. Help Your telephone number is ***** all the time. Jim (###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Logos for Netflix, MLB sling etc etc

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet . Should I try a power strip instead?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Eldon, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble, Jim

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service