Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Panasonic.com/dvdhelp sent me to you!? I bought a used

Customer Question
Panasonic.com/dvdhelp sent me to...

Panasonic.com/dvdhelp sent me to you!? I bought a used dvd/vhs combo player/recorder and am trying to get it to work on a newer tv; what kind of universal remote can I buy and how do I set it up to work with this old panasonic model no: DMR-ES40V?

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

VIZIO VA26L (Vizio hd 10T), whoa, so maybe it's not much newer than the vcr/dvd player/recorder 2008 is the publication date of the booklet

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I got it playing by using old yellow/red/white connectors and it plays dvd's just with the front buttons, which don't allow pause, ff, or rev/rew, and don't work at all on the vcr side. the dvd is only black-and-white for some reason, tho sometimes it will flicker a little color, so do I need a better connector, like the single round one (what's that called?).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, question #2: if I can get a remote to work with it, how do I copy vhs to dvd, and will it be apparent how I record from tv? or do i need to unplug the connectors to do that?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.