Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 10 year old cd se2 has been good, but lately it has

Customer Question
My 10 year old...

My 10 year old cd se2 has been good, but lately it has refused to finalize freshly recorded CDs. Is there degradation of some Cds with age? Is there an adjustment issue in recorder/? Are CDs from some vendors questionable with age? My CDs are at least 5 years old. Is there need to "clean" recording head? Is there repair place near me? (Chicago suburb)

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

I have Roland recorder, and try to play CDs on Sony player, but it displays "no disk" for disk that cannot be finalized.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I use regular CDs and CDs labeled for music, interchangeably. Finalize fails for all. Recorder also refuses to load CD contents into memory card so I could duplicate CD. I can play this CD to listen, but only in the recorder.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

It may be that the CDs are degraded or faulty, or that there is some contamination on the lens inside the recorder preventing the discs from being finalized.

You can try running a cleaning disc inside the recorder to see if that helps.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------