Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had to have a new router/modem installed last week. I now…

I had to have...

I had to have a new router/modem installed last week. I now have a new password ***** I put on the rook screen but when I go to start Netflix it automatically changes the input and I have a blank screen Can you help/

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Last week

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes

3/18/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Not sure what is the rook-screen, please elaborate it - it could be Roku device or something else?

Rook

Rook?

Is it a device or what?

There is a device called - Roku

Are you referring that device as rook?

did you get my response

OK, can you try another app such as YouTube in Roku to see if it plays?

nothing plays..any response to netflix or you tube automatically switches to another input

OK, have you rebooted the Roku device?

how do you do that

Disconnect the power of Roku device for 5 minutes, reconnect the power to get it rebooted

It says Code:NW-1-19 Trying to connect to internet. The home page flawed on for a couple of seconds and I hit Netflix and this screen with the code came up Do I have to enter my password *****

Yes, NW-1-19 code points to a network connectivity issue

It seems your Roku device isn't storing your new password ***** some reason and it needs to be restored to default settings to run fresh wifi network setup

Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick in question?

ROKU box
it is now asking to set up my connection
I think it is working now Thank you

OK, sure, try to put new wifi password ***** see if it works now?

If it doesn't then find a Reset button/ hole on the rear of Roku box, push it with a pointed object for 3 seconds to restore the Roku box to default settings and first-time setup screen should pop up, go through it to run fresh wifi network settings and reply back with the result

Thanks

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician