Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had to have a new router/modem installed last week. I now…

I had to have...

I had to have a new router/modem installed last week. I now have a new password ***** I put on the rook screen but when I go to start Netflix it automatically changes the input and I have a blank screen Can you help/

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Last week

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes

3/18/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Not sure what is the rook-screen, please elaborate it - it could be Roku device or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rook

Rook?

Is it a device or what?

There is a device called - Roku

Are you referring that device as rook?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did you get my response

OK, can you try another app such as YouTube in Roku to see if it plays?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing plays..any response to netflix or you tube automatically switches to another input

OK, have you rebooted the Roku device?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do you do that

Disconnect the power of Roku device for 5 minutes, reconnect the power to get it rebooted

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says Code:NW-1-19 Trying to connect to internet. The home page flawed on for a couple of seconds and I hit Netflix and this screen with the code came up Do I have to enter my password *****

Yes, NW-1-19 code points to a network connectivity issue

It seems your Roku device isn't storing your new password ***** some reason and it needs to be restored to default settings to run fresh wifi network setup

Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick in question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ROKU box
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is now asking to set up my connection
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think it is working now Thank you

OK, sure, try to put new wifi password ***** see if it works now?

If it doesn't then find a Reset button/ hole on the rear of Roku box, push it with a pointed object for 3 seconds to restore the Roku box to default settings and first-time setup screen should pop up, go through it to run fresh wifi network settings and reply back with the result

Thanks

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician