Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the following shown on my TV screen: HDCP

Customer Question
I have the following...

I have the following shown on my TV screen: HDCP unauthorized content disabled". I cannot stream any programs. I did not change any setting. This just automatically appeared. I have had ROTU for severall years and this is the first time this appears. How do I get back to the straming?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I have a SAMSUNG Model LN 40C630K1FXZA Manufactured May 2010

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. I have the same indication with AMAZON Prime.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

This is the first time that the screen has been totally disabled with this notification. I had seen this notification periodically serval times over the last several months, but it cleared up after a few minutes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Remove this disable notification so I can resume my TV streaming.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick hooked to the TV to get video streaming?

Please reply here and do not post a duplicate question for the same issue

Box

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and Roku Box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result