Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an iPod touch and its Bluetooth capability

I have an iPod...

I have an iPod touch and its Bluetooth capability disappeared. How can I get it back?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

2009

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

I think that is the problem. Right now it is dsspa's iPod but it may have been another one like Dwain Sparrowk

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

The serial # is 9C9500Y96K4

3/17/2018
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

First, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on.

If you can't turn on Bluetooth or you see a spinning gear, restart your i iPod.

Reply back and let me know if that works?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

Done without success. I go to Settings, General, and adjacent to Bluetooth it reads "Unavailable". Both Bluetooth and Unavailable are light gray.

Check that you are not in Airplane mode.

If Airplane mode is turned on, turn it off and try Bluetooth again.

Airplane Mode off. Still no success.Full disclosure; I foolishly left my sunroof open on Wednesday and rain passed by while I was on the golf course. My iPod and other stuff got pretty wet. I did not think it was salvageable at all but it seems to play music okay at this point. So, maybe, it was the drenching.The Bluetooth feature allows me to go wireless when I am at the gym or in the yard.Any hope?

Moisture can affect the Bluetooth circuitry and stop it working.

You should immediately power it off and allow 48 hours for the iPod to dry completely - inside and out - in a warm dry place, or put it in some rice to help absorb any remaining moisture from it. Then power it on and try again.

If that doesn't work then the electronics have been fried and it will need a repair.

--------------------

Pete.

--------------------

Thank you and I am guessing I work with Apple for a repair? Any idea what it might cost?

An iPod Touch repair will cost $129:

https://support.apple.com/ipod/repair/service/pricing

Pete, Engineer