Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have 3 of the red rino box's. two of them are working but…

Good morning: my...

Good morning: my name is ***** ***** i have 3 of the red rino box's. two of them are working but one decided to quite working and locked up. It has a pop up add saying that you must pat $150 for a update to be installed? what is up with that? There was nothing said or in the paper work that when we purchased these 3 Rino's that we would have to buy up dates down the road or the lock up and usable. What is the status on this and what is the fix?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Yes we are and it is a long message saying that for this device to work, we must pay $150usd to install an up date vervion. it won't let us go anywhere on the boxeither. we have tried to reboot and it won't, i've tried unpluging it for awhile and that didn't help, i can't go to rric because it won't work, it kicks it out. i put one of my working boxes in its place and it worked fine. Now does that mean that that box is locked up?

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

I don't know anything about changing boxes. I have the black boxes with the little red and black remoted and the majic wonds.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Was I supposed to get updated boxs to replace these automaticaly or how was i to know about an updated box?

3/17/2018
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Try pressing the small recover button to reset the box, then set it up again.

Reply back and let me know if that works?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HI PETE: I ALREADY TRIED THAT BEFORE I ASKED FOR HELP. THE SAME THING KEEPS POPPING UP. IT WON'T LET ME DO ANYTHING... I THINK THE BOX IS LOCKED UP BECAUSE THE OTHER 2 ARE NOT DOING THAT, JUST THAT ONE. SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE. I WAS NOT HOME AND THE I HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET BACK TO YOUR RESPONSE. THANK YOU FOR WAITING.

If resetting did not work then that rules out a software problem and the box has a fault and will need to be returned:
https://redrhinoentertainment.com/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY ON THE BOXES?

There is a 12 month warranty on the boxes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THEN THEY ARE OUT OF WARRANTY. 2 OF THEM ARE 3 YRS OLD AND 1 IS 2 YRS OLD SO I'M OUT $400 FOR A BLACK BOX THAT DOSN'T WORK AND IT'S NOT EVEN A GOOD PAPER WAIT. IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME?

No, they can still be returned for a non-warranty repair.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I WILL TRY TO GET A HOLD OF THEM AT RED RINO AND SEE ABOUT GETTING IT REPAIRED. THAT YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND FOR YOU ADVICE AND RECOMENDATIONS.
(YOU DON'T WORK FOR THEM DO YOU?) JUST WONDERING, CAUSE IF SO, IT WOULD BE A WHOLE LOT EASIER GETTING AHOLD OF THEM IF YOU DID.

No, I don't work for them :)
You are welcome!
Pete.

Pete, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISE AND HELP. GOD BLESS
GARY
Pete, Engineer