Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My iPod is very old and has been in my car on charge for two…

Customer Question
My iPod is very...

My iPod is very old and has been in my car on charge for two years. Now when I use it away from the car it says it meeds to be charged. I have heard of batteries being ghosted. How do I fix this? it contains over 800 albums

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

At least 10 years, and it is not supported by apple any more

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

I have reset it a number of times and on a recent flight, kept starting it. At first it would open for a minute and then when the song started it would say recharge the battery.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No. It works well in the car but not out of the car.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The battery needs to be charged and discharged regularly to keep it working properly.

If it has been left on charge for 2 years then the battery is shot and will need to be replaced if you want it to work off the charger.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------