Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cannot get my new roku+ stick to recognize my antenna tv.

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my new roku+ stick to recognize my antenna tv. There is NO PROMPT that comes up on the settings for antenna tv.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, I had no trouble connecting the roku stick at all.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

I am using wireless internet?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just want to see both streaming channels AND over the air antenna tv. I have it on the other tvs in the house, but they are roku equipped tvs. This is the 1st roku stick.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Did you make sure to change the input on the TV to the HDMI input?

When you changed it to the HDMI input, did you press a button on the ROKU remote?

I have full Roku setup

OK -- What seems to be the issue then?

I do not have an antenna tv prompt on the screen. When I tried to tell it that there was an antenna tv there is nothing there to tell it that we also have antenna tv

You cannot use Antenna with the ROKU.

If I switch back to the old remote and switch back to tv I get antenna tv but if I switch to Roku remote I only have roku again with no way to tell it that I have antenna as well

You cannot use Antenna with the ROKU.

That is correct? I have two other TVs in the house and they understand that I have antenna tv in addition to roku, no problem. This is the first roku stick that I have ever installed. There is no icon for antenna tv that comes up on the screen. I have tried multiple times, checked all connections multiple times, still no way to get antenna tv
Are you still there?

I am not sure what you mean by "get antenna tv"

If I switch back to old remote and switch from HDMI to TV on the old remote,then I can watch antenna tv on my tv. Then,when I try to use Roku remote,there is still no way to view antenna, over the air, tv. The roku icon screen just doesn’t have any place on it for antenna tv
I have no way to tell it to look for antenna feed

Yes, you need to use the actual TV remote to switch through the inputs.

But, aren't you supposed to be able to view antenna tv when you have Roku. It works for my other tvs.