Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We got our 2 firesticks in mail,an the remote isnt working…

Customer Question
Hello we got our...

Hello we got our 2 firesticks in mail,an the remote isnt working on either one of them ?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

The firesticks wont work at alll

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No an one firestick is in Tn and other is in La with the same issue

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem is most likely very simple. If the Firesticks are plugged in to a live USB jack, and show signs of having power from it (a light on the Firestick, etc.), then the remote may need its batteries changed, esp. if it shows nothing when buttons are pressed.

If old batteries leaked corrosion into the battery chamber of the remote, then the terminals will need to be cleaned with cotton waste moistened with rubbing alcohol, or perhaps a touch of sandpaper if the leakage onto them is quite heavy, then the cotton and alcohol to clean up, until the terminals are shiny and metallic again.

If the above all fails, then the remote is defective, and if the remote and the Firesticks were part of the same purchase/package, pack them all up again, notify the seller or vendor, and take them back or send them back to the seller/vendor/store, for a refund-and-exchage deal, for another remote that works... and perhaps a different two Firesticks of the same kind and value also.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.