Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roku stick on my TV. It has been activated but I…

Customer Question
I have a Roku...

I have a Roku stick on my TV. It has been activated but I have not used it, was using Netflix only. How much does it cost to watch Roku?

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the TV Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

So what do I do? I am wanting to watch shows from National Geographic TV, and History TV.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No not at all.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Oh yes I reboot from time to time.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Roku is the brand of the stick, which is a media player. It has channels on it that you can choose from, which doesn't cost anything. The costs come in per channel that you choose. Say you want to watch HULU, you'll select the HULU channel, and it will tell you whether it's a paid subscription or not.

If you want to watch National Geographic, and the channel isn't there, you can add channels by searching either on the channel store on Roku, or you can do it on your computer. Click here. This will take you to the channel store, and you can add channels directly from your computer. Once you click ADD CHANNEL, it will take a few minutes, and it will automatically show up on Roku for you to watch. Depending on your cable provider, it may be free.

There are tons of channels to choose from, some are free, some are paid subscriptions.

At this time I can not afford $35.00. But thank u for assisting me. I would like a refund please.

You can ignore the telephone call requests, they are automatic and not sent by me. Does my advice make sense about Roku channels being independent, and bill independent of Roku?