Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Magnavox vhs dvd player will not playon vhs I believe it…

Customer Question
My Magnavox vhs dvd...

My Magnavox vhs dvd player will not playon vhs I believe it is a signal some where

Technician's Assistant: What Magnavox model do you have?

U4

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magnavox media player?

Everything is L2 on the display be there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

When I try to get it to play it goes for 2 or 3 seconds and stops when I turn on it ejects tape

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the model number of the player?

zv427mg9a
vhs play starts to play then shuts when I turn on ejects tape.

Thank you,

that type of ejection issue is the result of an internal hardware defect or contamination,

You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the tape area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant iinside).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning tape (Example cleaner) which clean more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad head, sensor, or control board. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

It was not in player itself! Fault was TV connection. TV was not receiving. I bought new DVD and TV is not taking that. So I want a refund on my card. New TV it all works.
26.00 for phone call is to much for trouble shooting. I now have warranty on all my items. I don't need to come to you for anything.
I bought new DVD and TV. Now all is working.