Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had good service yesterday. But when I turned it just now…

Customer Question
I had good service...

I had good service yesterday. But when I turned it just now says CONTENT UNAUTHORIZED. i GET SOUND BUT NO PICTURE.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

I HAVE HAD IT AT LEAST 2 YEARS.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

NOTHING BUT GOING TO VARIOUS PROGRAMS AND GETTING SAME RESPONSE.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I AM AT LOSS, i AM NOT VERY SMART WITH THE TECHNOLOGY, SO i RELY ON PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO GIVE GOOD ADVICE.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please start by telling what device this is? (ex: Roku stick, Firestick, Roku box, Cable Box, etc.)?

Roku.........

Thanks. The content unauthorized message means the video signal lost communication and needs to be rebooted.

Shut the TV off and disconnect the Roku from the set. Wait 1 minutes and plug it back into the HDMI slot making sure it's secure. Turn the TV back on and let me know if you have the same problem.

If so, then try another HDMI port on the TV and let me know what happens.