Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old but elegant sound system. My disc player does…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old but elegant sound system. My disc player does not ply the disc

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sony model number. C601es

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony system?

Only tried to ply disc. Main unit ok

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Can it be repaired. Old but elegant

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Benjamin Larson, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question.When you say it is not playing the disk does anything happen or what are you seeing /hearing?
Disc player turns on. Opens and closes. When press button to play. Sometimes plays tune for few moments and stops. Sometime no tune and advances to next disc. And keeps doing that but no tunes. The system was left on for a few weeks not used recently
Better to call on(###) ###-####

I see you requested a phone call. I can't call you now, but I could give you a ring in 30 minutes. Would that be acceptable to you?

Also please note this is a premium service so there is an extra charge for the call. I'm happy to help for the agreed upon price via this chat, or I am happy to call if the extra charge is fine with you.

I only want to know if repair possible. I signed for money back if nothing can be done. Is this still satisfactory. If this agreeable call about 1 p m

So to be clear I can't repair the device over this chat or phone. If you are looking information from me if a repair is possible, I would say that generally most things can be repaired if you can get the parts.

I did find a few places that may be able to repair your unit. The trick with electronics is to be able to get the parts - since it is a Sony and not a low-end brand it is more likely that someone would have the parts. If price is no object, then sometimes it can be fixed with more off the shelf parts.

Sony lists this on their website so I'd start here:

United Radio Service Inc.

• For new repairs and assistance:
    1-***-***-****

What I mean is that if an entire control board is available, it can be replaced. If nobody makes those or stocks them because a unit is old, then perhaps just a capacitor on the board needs to be replaced, so if a tech can get the part for that, then it could be soldered on. This would require more knowledge of the specific unit, and likely a service manual for the unit as well as more time for a repair, which equates to most cost.

These days, sadly, electronics are thought of as disposable, because things get cheaper and repairs become less cost-effective.

I also found replacement units here: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-C601ES-Changer-Player-CDP-C601ES/dp/B00HBVMX2E

If this answers your question, great! In that case, I'd greatly appreciate a positive rating. If you still would like a phone call for the extra cost, please reply and I'll give you a ring in about 15 minutes. Otherwise if you want to just talk here, reply and I will answer.

I appreciate your answer. I can’t repair device myself So please cancel totally my serve and charges. Thanks. Sorry you can’t help

This service is for advice and answers, so what you paid for is my help. I'm only paid for my time by answering questions. If you believe I provided value, I would greatly appreciate the postive rating which results in my getting paid.

If you truely feel I didn't provide any value, you may request a refund from customer service. Thank you.